Cllr Jo Bird of Birkenhead CLP is standing for Labour’s NEC

Cllr Jo Bird is a member of and supported by Jewish Voice for Labour. She is also backed by Labour Representation Committee and Labour Left Alliance. She is currently leading in number of CLP nominations.

#JoBird4NEC

Jo Bird for NEC frontJo Bird for NEC back

• Alice Bondi says:

Too late, perhaps, but my constituency, which is supporting Jo, is Penrith and the Border – singular border! Can it be changed?

• Mike Cushman says:

Changed here but the incorrect version is on other websites and social media pages which we can do nothing about, sorry

• Mary Davies says:

I’m supporting Jo for the NEC.

• Paul Leach says:

I’m really hopeful for Jo. Voted for her last night in Oxford. Good to have Jo bringing balance and common sense on the vexed Anti-S issue.

• Edward Hill says:

As I was also “inspired to join the Labour Party by Jeremy Corbyn’s vision of socialism for the many”, I was impressed by what Jo had to say in her candidacy statement and “Just Jews” video. I admired the way she handled being a victim of both a false antisemitism accusation and an actual antisemitic attack.
    So I went along to the nominations meeting of my CLP (Oxford East) on Monday 3rd February prepared to speak for Jo, unless someone better qualified was present. Fortunately for all concerned, that person was Stephen Marks. He gave a very good impromptu speech, referring to meeting her personally. Once the NEC ballot papers had been taken away for counting, our meeting was effectively over, but a few of us stayed to hear the NEC results. It proved a long wait, as there were apparently four recounts. Finally the voting was announced, showing Jo had been nominated, in second place, by just one vote.
    So congratulations, Jo, on another CLP nomination!
    I now look forward to voting “Jo Bird” in the real ballot.

• TM says:

Go, Jo. You are just the sort of NEC Rep. we need.

• John W says:

Great – got my vote

• angharad joseph says:

I`ll definitely be voting for Jo